
|
D'Blogger ![]()
![]() ![]() D'Nail Gallery ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() D'Credits ![]() Template by : Atirah Hayati Image by : WeHeartit|Cute Secrets Best view : Google Chrome |
My life with Victoria
My Life with Victoria Hello. My name is Lance Bergstorm. I’m 58 years old and own a restaurant, which I inherit it from my father, years ago. I’m a widower with twin son and daughter. Their names are Samuel and Samantha. The story I’m about to tell you are the story of how I met my late beloved wife, Victoria. She was my everything, always there for me and now she’s gone from my life. The day she died was, like, torture and as if an arrow pierced through my heart. Without her, I’m no longer a whole person. However, just before she died, she had whispered something to me, it was as if she knew she would die and it brought back my hope, even if it didn’t bring her back. So here is where the story is about to unfold… I was eight years old when my parents and I moved in a little village called Sunnyville. It was a quiet village but the atmosphere there was very lively during the night. Like every child who is the only child, I was a quiet one. I kept to myself and don’t like to make friends. At school, I was the outcast. No one liked me and thought of me as an inferior. I never belonged there and never will. It was until that day when I first saw her… her name was Victoria. She was everything I dreamed of. Pretty, friendly, intelligent and would greet everyone with her cute smile and dimples. I never thought I would like a girl at first sight but I did. Then the day came when she turned around and saw me. She smiled at me! I felt like I was like in Heaven. After that day, I tried my hardest to find out more about her. Soon, I knew where she lived, what she liked and dislike and what she always do during recess. Unfortunately, she always goes out with her three ugly friends, Ben, Robert and Mike. Whenever I tried to talk to her, somehow seeing those guys changed my mind. Those foursomes are inseparable! Every Saturday morning, I would ride my bicycle to her house but she wasn’t always at home. Until then, it became my daily routine to check whether she would be at home. That fateful day, she was home! I quickly ran to her window. She saw me and opened her window. Seeing her three friends glaring at me behind her back, I quickly wrote a note and slipped the note to her to meet me at the fountain in the park. I really hadn’t the chance to talk with her. I waited anxiously for her to come. When an hour passed by, I thought that maybe she hated me and doesn’t want to meet me. I was disappointed and saddened by the thought. Just as I was about to leave since I thought she wouldn’t come, she came running towards me, panting and huffing. I was so overjoyed and began to like her even more. She smiled happily at me and apologized for being late. As we sat side by side, watching the stars shining in the sky, we became awkwardly silent. I didn’t know what to say. I was nervous. Then she began to talk about herself and unconsciously, we began to exchange stories about ourselves. While we talked, there was a falling star. Victoria was so excited and asked me to close my eyes and make a wish. My wish was to be with Victoria forever… As years passed by, it became a tradition for us to meet by the fountain every 19th May. It was, like, an anniversary of us getting to know each other. She became my only best friend, though, in my heart, I really wanted her to be my loved one. I soon became her protector too. I was proud being her protector until the day her mother died. We were nineteen that time. When I heard about the news, I ran to her house to comfort her. But when I got there, she had already gone. That’s when I learned that she had run away to the mountain where they buried her mother. It was forbidden to go to the mountain unless you’re equipped with proper equipments. But I didn’t care because Victoria was there and I had to be with her. When I got there, I saw her running alongside with her three friends, as usual. I followed them. Soon, one by one, her so-called friends left her because they were scared. They ran back home and alerted the villagers. Victoria didn’t notice them running away as she seems focused to climb the mountain. I was far behind her. Suddenly, she slipped and rolled down the mountain. I tried to help her but I, too, slipped and fell. I was surprised when I woke up to found that I only scarred my arms and knees. Victoria wasn’t so lucky at all. I found that she had suffered terrible injuries and had to be hospitalized for a week. The villagers were so angry at me for doing such stupid things. I didn’t even defend myself because I was ashamed of myself. I was never allowed to see or talk with Victoria again. I didn’t care. I had to meet her! By the time she was out of the hospital, we arranged to meet by the fountain again. She was quiet. It wasn’t like her at all! I then dropped the bombshell. I told her that I’m quitting school and wanted to join the army because I wanted to be strong. It was because of me that she was hurt. If I wasn’t so weak, I would still be able to save her. So it had to be done. But before I go, I boasted to the villagers that by the time I returned, I would already be in Baron, the strongest army in the country. Years later, there was an assignment back home in Sunnyville. It was to obliterate the outcasts away from the mountain where they smuggled jewelries and money. It felt good to be back home and a little embarrassing because I never made it in Baron. I was still an under level soldier to help the higher rank soldiers of Baron. It was going smoothly as we expected until we received news of the outcast kidnapping several villagers. Angered, I found out one of the victims was Victoria. As we came face-to-face with the kidnappers, I saw her. She was still the beautiful girl that I know, despite the worried frown on her lips. They had Victoria in their arms with a gun pointed to her head. They wanted us to leave. But we were too fast for them when we knocked the gun off their hands. However, the gun accidently blasted off and shoots Victoria in the shoulder. Rage burst into me as I skillfully killed the kidnappers. Then I quickly ran to Victoria’s side and took off my helmet. She smiled faintly when she looked me in the eye. She whispered to me and what she said, I will never forget it. “Lance, thank you for saving my life. You really are here… You’re always here when I needed you the most… my hero…” Of course, I will always be with her, no matter what! The next year, I quit the army and returned home. I soon began to work in my father’s restaurant. After Victoria had recovered, she would come and visit me. I was so happy. She would tell me what happened during the time I was in the army. Finally, when I was twenty-eight, with my life going smoothly, I finally had the courage to propose a marriage to Victoria. We were at the fountain as usual. It was midnight, just after my late-shift at work. I bend down on one knee and asked if she would be willing to be my wife. It was the happiest moment of my life because she said yes… Two years after our marriage, she gave birth. A baby son and daughter. We named them Samuel and Samantha, after their grandparents, my father and Victoria’s mother. We had a great life together, bringing up our children with love and care. Victoria was now a doctor. I knew she would be a great doctor because she was gifted with caring personality and the desire to help people. Then the day came when she was called overseas for a meeting, she was excited and I, too, was happy for her. She had always dreamed of going overseas to learn more about medicines and doctoring. I kissed her goodbye as she was about to climb in the airplane. She blew kisses to me and our children. Then hours later, I returned home and switched on the radio. To my anguish, it was reported that a plane crashed and it was Victoria’s plane. I cried so hard when they announced that no one survive the crash. For months, I caught up in my misery, grieving every night. I still couldn’t believe that Victoria died. It is like; she just slipped away from my life. Then one night, I remembered her words before she climbed up the plane. My children needed me too. I began to feel alive. I took care of our children like Victoria would want me to. And every 19th May, I would visit her grave by the fountain, knowing and believing she would be waiting for me in Heaven, where we would be together forever… Her words were, “No matter where I am, I would always love you. Remember that and if anything happens to me, know that in our children, there’s a part of me which needed your love too…” Inspiration from Final Fantasy 7 Labels: Stories n Poems ♥ 0 message from u |